1. Volunteers serving on the BOT reversed themselves. What once they deemed historical, they decided was not so, due to hardship. By extension this now means any other property owner can claim same, thus preserving nothing. This is clearly wrong.
2. Resident volunteers working part-time are no longer qualified or able to handle all the tasks of the BOT. Just look at their agenda, or watch the televised sessions. One gets exhausted just watching them ! How can they make sound decisions ?... One cant't run around with a 200 pound gorilla on his or her back. Their task is just as daunting.
3. The system ceased working about twenty years ago. Till then, the tasks were manageable. But now, the world is moving at Twitter pace, Scarsdale cannot be on a horse-buggy.
I propose the following:
1. First stop the carnage. Institute an immediate moratorium. Clean up house, revise code.
2. The current BOT, if they choose to do so should elect and appoint a new interim Board to oversee this over-haul from a resident volunteer non-partisan system to a professional board. Like in every other town in the States. I do not know of any other town that runs on this resident volunteer, non-professional system. Do you ?
3. The quicker the change, the better. Time we realized this system is broke.
Instead of serving us this is hurting us !
Last revised 1:33 p.m. Wednesday December 6th, 2017.